information for applicants
The Twenty-First Annual Remodeled Homes Tour, Oct. 21-22, 2017, is produced by the Remodelers Council of the Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties. This event features remodeling projects completed by members of the council.
Any active Remodelers Council member in good standing with the Master Builders Association is eligible to participate. All contractor participants must be registered, bonded and insured in the State of Washington. The entrant or a representative must participate in a mandatory Remodeled Homes Tour orientation meeting as designated in this agreement. Involvement in other Remodelers Council Council programs is strongly encouraged.
The Remodeled Homes Tour creates an effective marketing avenue for companies to connect with people who are interested in remodeling. Visitors are typically homeowners who are planning or seriously considering a remodel and spend time touring the homes. Your visitors can pre-screen you, as they will have had an opportunity to view your work online and on site and become more familiar with you.
Remodeler Participation Agreement
- The entry fee is non-refundable.
- Our company agrees that if our company misses a mandatory meeting, fails to return tour materials, or any part of the entry packet is not submitted to the Master Builders Association by the Monday, July 31, 2017, deadline, or if any changes are made to the entry packet materials following the deadline, that we will be subject to a fee of up to $500, payable immediately. We agree to abide by the Tour Planning Committee’s decision regarding the amount of the penalty. We further agree to abide by the Tour Planning Committee’s decision regarding whether failure to submit the completed entry packet and/or changes to that packet following submission are grounds for exclusion of our project from this year’s tour.
- Our project will be substantially completed by July 31, 2017. If any part of the project is still under construction at that time, we agree to notify the Tour Planning Committee. We agree to abide by their decision regarding the eligibility of the project for this year’s tour.
- Our project will be open for public viewing on either or both days of the tour: Saturday and Sunday, October 21 - 22, 2017, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Prior to marketing and publication, all information must be confirmed for accuracy by the participating company. The accuracy of the information submitted to the Tour Planning Committee or MBA staff is the responsibility of the participating company. The Tour Planning Committee will not be responsible for errors or omissions regarding project information, location on any maps in the tour publications or any related advertising or press releases. We agree to promptly notify the Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties and the Tour Committee of all errors upon receipt of our advertising and communication proofs.
- Our company agrees to staff our project adequately during all hours of the tour.
- Our company will be responsible for setting up and removing tour signs daily. All signage and property provided by the Tour Planning Committee will be returned to Master Builders Association within 48 hours following the tour. Our company agrees to use only signage provided by the tour during the tour dates. Each builder is allowed to use one (1) RHT-issued site front yard sign.
- Our company agrees to have liability insurance in effect during the time of the tour and will include a copy of the certificate with this entry packet. The Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties is to be noted as an additional certificate holder.
- Our company agrees that, in order to participate in any form of the tour, that we will be a current member of the Remodelers Council of the Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties. It is understood that the purpose of the tour is to showcase our company project and generate pre-qualified leads for us. In order to maximize its efficacy, it is imperative that the Remodeled Homes Tour be a cooperative venture, with our company being aware of and respectful of the efforts and achievements of the others. With that in mind, our company agrees to abide by the terms and spirit of the tour rules contained in this Remodeler Participation Agreement. Existing projects that are not on the tour and are located in the immediate vicinity of homes included in the tour may retain existing job site signs, but those signs should not be replaced or modified prior to the tour.
- Our company agrees to not host or promote any other event or promotion during the weekend of the tour.
- Our company agrees to promote the tour sponsors and will not partner with, promote or advertise sponsors or co-promotional partners that are not officially associated with the tour or our project without express written consent of MBA staff or the Tour Planning Committee.
- Our company agrees that if we fail to pay any penalties assessed by the Tour Planning Committee due to either (1) our failure to meet the deadlines or mandatory meetings set forth in the Entry Packet and/or (2) changes made to the entry packet materials after Monday, July 31, 2017 and/or (3) our failure to return tour materials after the event, we may be excluded from participating in future Remodeled Homes Tours of the MBA. We agree to abide by the Tour Planning Committee’s decision regarding our eligibility to participate in future tours.
- Our company agrees to abide by the tour rules as stated in Addendum A. We further agree to abide by the Tour Planning Committee’s decision regarding whether failure to follow the rules may be grounds for exclusion of our project from this year’s tour.
As a remodeling company participating in the Remodeled Homes Tour and in addition to the rules and requirements described in the Remodeler/Design Professional Participation Agreement, we further agree to abide by and enforce the rules and requirements as stated below:
- No strollers; children must be carried at all times (no hard backpack carriers).
- No pets in the homes (carried or otherwise), except for qualified service animals.
- No food or drink in the homes. This means no food or beverage brought in by the attendee, AND no food or drink distributed by the tour participant (inside or outside the home).
- No photography of any kind (still or video) allowed except for those with an official tour press pass.
- Booties will be provided at each home and must be worn in all homes.
- Parking must be accessible to home (within a reasonable walking distance) or continuous shuttle service must be provided.
- Project must be substantially completed by July 31, 2017. A photo is required that clearly shows your project; no sketches or pictures not relating to the remodel (i.e., showing an exterior of a house where only a kitchen was remodeled).
- Adequate space/provisions for volunteers and staff. This includes shelter from weather, heaters, and access to facilities, adequate breaks and appropriate meals and drink.
- Driving directions should be from a major highway (I-5, I-90, I-405 or SR 520) and should be easy enough to locate without the help of signs.
- Signs must be displayed in accordance with regulations prescribed by the municipalities in which your project located. It is your responsibility to research these regulations.
- Access to home and walkways should be safe to walk through and free of any obstructions.
- Company vehicles, or any individual logos, will not be placed directly in front of the project site during tour hours.
- Remodeler/design professional should revisit the tour home prior to the tour to ensure no major changes have occurred since the homeowner agreement was signed. It is the remodeler’s responsibility to bring the home up to the standards of the tour.
Any violations of the above requirements shall be subject to a fee of up to $500 for each such violation and may result in the loss of eligibility to participate in this year’s event or future tours. You acknowledge and agree to the terms set forth above. The undersigned hereby agrees that any violation of the above requirements is subject to a review by the Remodeled Homes Tour Planning Committee and the Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties. This action may result in loss of eligibility to participate in this year’s event or future tours.